“A vegan driving a hummer contributes less to greenhouse gas emissions than a meat eater riding a bicycle.”
— Paul Watson (via fuckyeahveganlife)
— Paul Watson (via fuckyeahveganlife)
I was tagged by tofu-scramble
1. ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THE PERSON WHO TAGGED YOU CAME UP WITH AND WRITE 11 NEW ONES
2. TAG 11 PEOPLE AND LINK THEM TO THE POST
3. ACTUALLY TELL THEM YOU TAGGED THEM
4. TELL THE PERSON WHO TAGGED YOU THAT YOU ANSWERED THE QUESTIONS
Questions given to me:
1. Why did you join Tumblr?
One faithful day I didn’t know what to do with myself due some extremely shitty mood… and voila, this tumblr was created.
2. Do you have a crush on someone?
Of course I do! (it’s tofu-scramble actually)
3. What’s your favorite game?
Werewolf:the Apocalypse rpg (since you didn’t say video game, ha!)
4. Where would you like to live?
In some deep, dense forest surrounded by the mountains.
5. How many countries have you visited and which ones?
13, if I can still count and remember them all: Croatia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Greece, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Cyprus, Belgium, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Montenegro.
6. If you could trade lives with anyone for a week who would it be and why?
With my girlfriend so I can figure out what the fuck is going on.
7. What’s the last dream/nightmare you remember having?
Sex dream with my woman/nightmare where some people tried to hit me in the head with an axe.
8. What’s your favorite movie?
Let’s say The Fountain, but that’s a pretty hard choice to make.
9. Quote you live by
There is no spoon.
10. Cutest thing anyone has ever done for you
I think when on the day I met my girl she gave me a hoodie she bought for me some time before we met. Idk why, but I really found that kind and cute.
11. Do you think you’ve met the love of your life? (if so; where and how did you meet him/her)
I have and we actually met on tumblr! Well, that’s where we started talking, we first met on Last.fm and she hated my guts (she was actually just jealous of my awesomeness)
1. What do you do for a living?
2. What’s your dream?
3. What were you wearing when you saw that you were tagged?
4. Do you have some kind of hobby?
5. Who or what is your biggest inspiration?
6. Favorite band?
7. Last band you saw live?
8. Last book you read?
9. What makes you angry?
10. What happened last time you felt embarrased?
In Brodilovo village, about 560 km from Sofia, Bulgaria, a cruel ritual is held every March. A dog is attached in the air above a body of water using one rope fixed to poles at each end, winding the rope up as tight as they can, until the poor creature is sent spinning rapidly and is thrown into the water below. People in this town believe, according to an ancient custom, that more shit the dog produces (out of fear and stress), the better their year will be in terms of health and riches.
In the original ritual dogs were hanged by the neck with the same process but when Bulgaria came under close scrutiny because of its application to join the European Union, animal rights activists shined a spotlight on their practices and this ceremony was stopped.
Unfortunately, in times of stress and uncertainty humans tend to regress and return to the comfort of superstitious behaviors, rituals and beliefs. In March 2012, cruel and ancient ritual again appeared. This video was filmed and posted on 10th September 2014.
I’m sorry but judging by the twisted smiles and laughter on the faces of adults and children alike, this is more about entertainment than ‘beliefs’. And no belief gives ANYONE the right to do this.
The petition is here - please spread far and wide. There’s another one here
Initially, the people of Brodilovo agreed to ‘water down’ the practice by simply throwing the dogs into the icy water (so much kinder, I’m sure…), but it has appeared they have gone back to their old ways.
Please sign and please share.
— Henry Ward Beecher (via stay-ocean-minded)
Growing up and even now I have learned in depth about wild animals and other creatures. But when I learned about farm animals and other commonly eaten animals I was taught “milk comes from cows!” “chickens lay eggs!” very basic facts about how we consume and use them. When really these animals are so interesting and are not just “dumb” or “food” animals. People disconnect themselves from these animals so they feel less guilty when eating them.